Saturday, October 2, 2021

Community Support for educators

 In this post, I have listed some useful resources that I have found that give educators inspiration, ideas, training, and conversations about teaching.


  1. We are Teachers website/twitter 

  • I go to this website when I need inspiration during difficult days or just when I want some ideas for how to go about teaching something. This website and the twitter account constantly are giving out helpful information for teachers. 


  1. Edutopia website/twitter 

  • This website and twitter account give up to date information about different concepts that are making a difference in the education of students. I enjoy reading the articles because they give me insight as to how I can improve my practice daily for my students. 


  1. Not So Wimpy Teacher facebook page

  • I follow the page for this group dealing with 4th graders. This page on facebook was created so other teachers could bounce ideas off of each other. It is also a place where educators can ask different questions and other teachers in the same grade level can offer support. Occasionally, the admin of the page will post free resources that all those who follow the page can access on her Teachers Pay Teachers website. I enjoy this page because it helps me get answers to common questions I may have dealing with 4th grade subjects. It is great to be able to communicate with fellow teachers who are teaching similar concepts but are in different states. 

  1. Cult of Pedagogy blog

  • This is a blog that I found back in undergraduate school. It has a plethora of resources that deal with improving teaching practices, exploring theories, and topics in education that many teachers do not speak a lot about or want more information about. This blog was extremely helpful during my first year of teaching because I struggled with classroom management. The posts she and the other authors wrote really helped me understand and channel what I needed to do in my classroom to help make everything run more smoothly. The authors of this blog truly understand education and how to make unknown concepts more understandable for everyone. I highly recommend this blog!!


  1. 10 Minute Teacher podcast 

  • This podcast gives teachers tips, ideas, and inspiration for working with students in a classroom today. I listen to about 2 of these on my commute to school each morning. It helps put me in the right headspace before I go into work each day.


  1. Truth for Teachers podcast

  • This podcast is another good one to listen to if you need an extra boost of encouragement, motivation, and inspiration for the day. I am all about having a positive mindset when I enter the building each morning. Usually I will listen to this one when my students are at specials because it gives me the extra boost of encouragement that I need some days. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperDocs

  Today's post is all about HyperDocs which I am trying to use more in my classroom!  HyperDocs are plans that students complete digital...